View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 03:13 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 65 Chevelle day 2 wheels and tires

When I got my car, it had a 1970 Chevelle 10 bolt posi rear that I quickly snapped the pinion off of due to wheel hop. I located a 12 bolt form another 1970 Chevelle and that rear has been in ever since. I do have a correct rear, but what I have works for now. I just needed to mention that as my set-up is probably not a great reference on fitment.

This is a pair of 15" SST I traded a set of 14" Cragar SS for. Looking back, the 14" SS were better looking.

Here is a group of other cars just for reference:

Hopefully you've got some fiends to borrow wheels from to figure it out. I would probably recommend just trying to find a set of wheels you like for the front and leaving the back in black.

I have a few sets of Spyders I've been meaning to mount some rubber on and see how they would look. not sure if I would run just two up front, or all around.

One wheel that I bought just for the sake of running on the front is the early non-chrome Keystone's

I also picked up a set of the Parnellie Jones wheels. The ones I got are 15x6 which is kinda cool since I have a preference for 15" wheels for no good reason. Not sure if i want to run all 4, or just two up front.

They don't look bad with some slicks mounted on them either.

Kinda reminds me of the rouge wheel above.

67 Nova Boy (01-23-2023), x Baldwin Motion (03-17-2022)