View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 01:27 AM

Default 1970 Trans Am vintage SCCA race car

I happened across a 1970 Trans Am race car that was purchased new and shipped out to Little Falls New Jersey to be fitted for SCCA A-Sedan and PHA "hill climbing" road course racing.

The owner had previously purchased a brand new 1967 Z/28 Camaro which he raced from 1967 thru 1969 and then sold. This car has also been found and has been talked about over on the Pennsylvania Hill Climbers forum.

The original owner was Doug Moorhouse of Upper Montclair, N.J..

The car has been traced back to Leader Automotive (George DeLorean & Tom Nell) who supplied the custom built Ram Air type engines. One of the motors is a 1969 WH coded hybrid Ram Air IV/V engine.

Yes the car has PHS, an early production Ram Air III car, M20 four speed and 3.73 rear gear. White with blue interior.

Where or how is the best method to do research on such a vehicle and in general what type of venue is best suited to sell such a vehicle?

The second owner, who after doing some research has multiple patents filed under his name. I believe made this seat bolster in the attached picture.

I believe it was designed to help keep the driver in place as the car was raced in the east coast hill climb sanctioned type races.

Originally the car had a four point roll bar, the original bolt hole pads are still welded in place in the floor. Is it possible to trace a vehicle in the SCCA venues based on said roll bar or vin number?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to old physics For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (04-06-2020)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry TWR page 3M.jpg TWR page 2M.jpg TWR page 1M.jpg Sept 4_69 WH block MMH.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...