Thread: Erica Enders
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 06:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default A few words from Erica and is so thankful!

It’s been a wild few weeks but like we always do, we learn from things thrown our way. I’ve had two of the sketchiest experiences in my almost 3 decade career in the last two races, but even that won’t stop us. . I want to get this out there tonight to leave it behind us before we embark on #WallyDay Tomorrow for pro stock.

First, i want to thank God and the angels of protection he assigns to me every time I get in any car. What we do is dangerous but it’s part of it, but knowing he’s got it under control is the ultimate comfort.

Im also thankful for such A supportive family. Both blood and racing. My sister was by my side in the ambulance from the first second I can remember and had my dad on the phone through it all. Being on the road for 300 days a year comes at a huge price and It’s refreshing to know that my core circle is so tight. In a crazy situation like I experienced today, I still remembered advice my dad programmed in my head my entire life...the key to speeding up, is slowing down. It worked today. I was blind and out of oxygen, but I was able to be calm enough to not crash and get out, unburned.

I also want to thank my team owner and partner, Richard Freeman. I’ve said it over and over the last 6 years...people are the most important part of the puzzle. I’ve wish my entire career for this crazy group. Richard has put together the most amazing group...not just on the pro stock side but with pro mod team as well. Without our fearless leader, we wouldn’t have all of the tools or any of the fun.

My car owner, Jim Hairston (and his family). This car was his baby and I’m so sorry that she is hurt but I’m sure we will fix her up. Jim, Jake and Clint are so amazing and I’m lucky to have the chance to drive their car.

My team. My boys. They work their tails off for me and us. Every time I get in either of my cars, I know, without a doubt, that I’m safe. This life isn’t easy and they are gone from their wives, girlfriends and children way too much. I’m glad we are in this together and I’m so grateful that they always have my back. Seeing their faces and getting to hug their necks after this today was good medicine. (Please mention all of them...rick rickie mark lump Justin Shane T Anthony Lin Jake big al chase Robert Joey oksas Chris Singleton Rodney Crabtree Stephen Hurley mike earl Kyle Casey Kelley Keith Royce lee Alex jeg etc.)

The safety safari. Thank you for being there as soon as I stopped the car. You guys (and gals) are amazing. I tried to thank each of you personally, but if I missed you...THANK YOU!

Lastly, i want to thank all of my racing family, friends and fans for checking on me. Once I finally got my phone back, I had hundreds of calls and texts. It means the world that y’all took the time to let me know you care. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

In typical ee fashion, I want to take the positive from every situation. Today could have gone a total different direction. Life can change in an instant. Tell the people you love every chance you get and make sure you know God’s got ya.

And...on the business side, you have just met the biggest safety advocate for pro mod you have ever seen. I’ve preached about being proactive in the past but shit just got real. Some significant changes need to be made to these cars...for all of the drivers. If they aren’t, I’m out. My guys are behind me 100% and we are making them, starting Monday, on all 3 of our PM cars.

Again, thank you for all of the calls and texts. You guys mean the world to me and I’m a grateful girl tonight. Be sure to tune in tomorrow, we plan on wrecking shop in prostock!