View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 12:32 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1969 Tuxedo Black Z28 w/deluxe red PROJECT

Thought I'd offer this up here before I hit eBay with it. 02B (- - ) STRIPE DELETE, TUXEDO BLACK, RED DELUXE. Anybody who knows these cars knows how rare this color combination is - "very rare" according to Jerry MacNeish who documented/certified the car just this fall. Only drivetrain piece that is original is the 3.73 rear. She is a major rusty project but well worth it, given the combo. FLAT HOOD, Z21 Style Trim Group, 719 DELUXE RED INTERIOR, TUXEDO BLACK, STRIPE DELETE. Oregon title search brings it back to Owen Chev-Olds in Hood River. I have many titles from previous owners and have spoken to three - two of them (Orville Nickelson & Terry Bogardus) have seen the original build-sheet the one who pulled it from the tank and the dumb one who lost it - they both swore a hand-written note at the bottom said *DELETE STRIPES*. The sheet is supposedly in a Camaro parts catalog in Orville's barn - he refuses to let anybody but his kids look for it, even with a $1000 offer to help and another $1000 if found. Go figure.

I have a '69 Valentine's Day DZ short-block that has NEVER been apart and came out of a Z wrecked in 1972. It is an LA engine for this LA car and both cars were built maybe hours, maybe days apart.

I have a smooth driveshaft and a smooth subframe, complete with 508/509 mounts, brakes and suspension (along with the cruddy one in the car) that are California pieces. Have Shifter, a couple YH wheels and other odds and ends. This car deserves to be done - be the one to do it, and have the coolest-looking 1969 Z28 on planet earth! $18,000

get me at [email protected]

Have fun here: Zphotobucket

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...