Thread: NOS AC Filter
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,170 Times in 1,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
I never complain about prices. In fact, I'm overjoyed in spades with the prices ebay brings on rare items.

However.... the pictured lettering on the filter shows it's a SD filter, which in AC Filter speak means it fits some kind of four cylinder Opel, not a Chevrolet. Same SD lettering is also on the box, same as it is on the filter. Look at the pictures, not just what the seller says in the description. Chevrolet seals near the outer edge of the filter. The one pictured certainly doesn't.

Continuing, according to my 1971 AC catalogue, OD on a SD filter is 2 15/16, OD on PF25 shows 3 17/32. Another thing, an SD filter has 3/4 x 16 threads, PF25 filter has 13/16 x 16 threads. You'd probably be able to use it if it comes with an adapter.

Now, if seller put up the wrong pictures and it is in fact a PF25 , an explanation needs to be added to clear up any misconceptions.
That's interesting I looked at the title and only the pic with the embossed lettering. The seller is a standup guy and I'm sure he will correct listing. Since you didn't specify issue I thought the price was the issue.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
Burd (04-16-2018)