View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 10:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,783 Times in 1,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPOLS3 View Post
This is a complicated subject as there are a multitude of "ceramic" coatings available for DIY'ers. Many contain varying amounts of "ceramic" which is not really ceramic but silicone as far as I can tell after looking at the ingredient list.

I've used the simple spray on Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic detailer (spray on) and Hybrid Ceramic Liquid wax (both the spray on/wash off and conventional liquid application/buff off) with excellent results.

To be clear these are not full on ceramic coatings but conventional products advertised as containing "ceramic" available at your local retailer for home use.
----Yes, Jake,,,I am using Adams version of spray on and it also works really well. I, honestly, see these as just really superior detail spray. Met a guy that bought one of those 600 some HP cadillacs and he told me he had just paid $2500 dollars for some kind of ceramic coating. I almost burst out laughing, but contained myself. No coating that costs that much would ever be paid by me!.....Bill S

by me!.....Bill S

Last edited by olredalert; 06-28-2022 at 01:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
RPOLS3 (06-27-2022)