View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 06:52 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,868 Times in 1,000 Posts
Default Help!!! Trim rings for YH wheels

What are you Yenko and COPO owners using for trim rings. I have now gone through a third set of reconditioned OEM #3901708 trim rings that were VERY nice but I cannot get all four of the clips to hold onto the wheel mainly due to the steel band not being perfectly flat with the clips and thereby making 1 or two of them to stick out further than the wheel. No amount of muscling will make the clip attach on and stay on.

I have a big photo shoot this coming Wednesday night and am desperate to find something that works. Would anyone in central Illinois have a set I could borrow for a day (I will pick up and deliver back) or can you suggest a reproduction (including vendor and part number) that you have tried and work. Not all 15" trim rings will fit these wheel based on the design of the inside face of the wheel which is why I am asking for specifics. ANY help is greatly appreciated as I am desperate and running out of time.
Rick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 013_resized(2).jpg 011_resized(2).jpg 010_resized(1).jpg 009_resized(1).jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...