View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 11:50 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Where is 69 Yenko Camaro 124379N663539

Geez,,,You are an artist, and you also know how to pick good people. Mike Pustelny is well known around this area and really knows his stuff. Way back he did some necessary work on Red Alert. Everything was done beautifully and on time as well as under the quote. Id use him again in a heartbeat......Bill S [/quote]

Thanks Bill,

I really enjoy building race cars. I try to hide things as much as I can, whether it be wiring or brake lines, or whatever.

I have known Mike Pustelny for over 30 years, back when he raced the 70 Mustang, (SS/J I think), and he is still the same guy today. The blue Camaro was a work of art that he performed. The right side seat came out with two dzus fasteners, the shifter came out with 1 quick release pin, and the transmission tunnel came out with a couple of dzus fasteners also, which made the transmission very accessible. He also wanted to make the instrument panel come out with a couple of dzus fasteners, but I told him that I don't plan on running a manual transmission, so really did not need that option. He hand made the steering column, but looking at it, it looks like the stock piece. The underneath of the car was awesome also, it had a 4 link rear suspension, Ford 9 inch rear that he custom made and the car was all chromoly round tubing. He had tons of hours in it and like you said he was very reasonable. He told me, he would never do another Camaro like that one. He is a definitely a class act and for those people that don't know, he was the real God Father of the new COPO Camaros, Mustang Cobra Jets, and the Dodge Drag Pacs, he built all of those prototypes for the big 3.

Thanks for the compliments.

GM