View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 07:01 PM

Thanked 2,029 Times in 645 Posts

I believe the present and future value of muscle cars boils down to memories and most kids today don't have many fond memories about the cars we love because they can't afford them now and haven't been able to for quite a while. I grew up in the 80's and barely caught the end of the days of a kid being able to afford a muscle car on a budget. My first car was a beat up 1970 Chevelle SS 396 without a motor or transmission that I bought for $250. Bought a beat up 69 Caprice with a 396/TH400 for another $275 and had a cheap car paid for by a summer of de-tasseling corn.

While there are younger people that enjoys classic muscle cars there just aren't enough of them to keep prices going up forever as the supply appears to have met the demand. That being said I still think the best cars will continue to bring the best money since the demand for any Yenko, Shelby or Hemi car isn't going away anytime soon.

My three kids like old cars, I believe, because I take them and their friends out for rides whenever they want and even let the girls drive them now and then. I even encourage them to "get on it" from time to time when if there's no one else around on the road and its safe. My youngest daughter loves driving my 69 Grand Prix and says it rides and drives better than her 2006 HHR. My son, who's only 12, can't wait to get his drivers license because he already knows he's going to get to drive them too. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that others do the same and the fire will continue to burn.