View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: The newest drag racer gears up!

It's been 3 long years since we got started in this, and a very long learning curve (especially during 12.90) - plus more $$ than I'm willing to add up, but Benjamin went 5 rounds yesterday at Maple Grove Raceway on his way to his first Big Win! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

I couldn't be more proud of him, especially since this is an 'all run' track and Benjamin took out several 7.90 cars along the way.

Thankfully, the whole family was on hand for this one:

Ben was really 'on' his game yesterday, and had two .000 lights in row during first &amp; second round of eliminations! Then drove the stripe to capitalize on the tree. BBBenny - watch out for these Young Guns! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

This alone is a noteworthy feat, but he just kept it going - round after round, nailing the tree and driving the stripe.

Siblings 'goofing' on him before the Victory Lane pics,

We've been dialing in our new package and made some adjustments lately to really get it where we needed it to be. Final round was an 8.958 on an 8.95 dial, with an .034 light to her .037 light - just the way you want it to go, a good ole drag race!

What a great day, made going back to school today a mere distraction!

Just me and Benjamin:

67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)