Thread: Shelby GT-S
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 07:57 PM

Default Shelby GT-S

I know this is a forum, mostly about vintage Shelbys, but I thought I'd post anyway,
I just purchased a 2019 Shelby Sixt 6-speed convertible. Sixt is the largest rental car company in the world, but is largely unknown in the US. The collaboration between Shelby and Sixt was to attempt to enter the high performance rental arena, and to also improve brand recognition. Shelby made 20 automatic coupes with 600hp, for rental in LA, Las Vegas, Miami, and Fort Lauderdale. They made one 6 speed convertible with 700+ hp (one guy at Shelby estimates 760hp) It is serial # 0001, and was used initially for promotion, and then, I am told, was used by the CEO of Sixt. I have contacted Sixt to confirm.

The selling Ford dealer tried to represent it as one of one, and technically, it is, but I did not pay a premium over any other late model Shelby GT convertible, which are fairly rare.

Nonetheless, I'm still curious what others think about its value, now and future. I know it took a long time for the hobby to recognize the Shelby GT350 H as an equal, and I expect the same may be true for the Shelby GT-S.

I welcome any comments, positive or negative.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unreal For This Useful Post:
ScottG (11-14-2021)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_4809.jpg IMG_4807.jpg f79f0ea7c4e645cebf736b8a0b898247.jpg 483_311498.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...