View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 10:33 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,120 Times in 639 Posts

I'm becoming more of a day 2 fan and I'm trying to turn my car in that direction. Mine was built over 3 decades, so it's a mix of stuff. I understand why some people want to go with fuel injection, air conditioning and over drive, but I like things the old way. Many people wouldn't have my car because it's not easy or comfortable to drive, but I like it that way. If I gave you advice on how to build your car it would be completely opposite of the direction that you were going, but maybe not too far off of what you are thinking now.

I love a 4 speed. The reason that I no longer have a '67 SS396 Chevelle and I do have this Camaro is because the Chevelle was an automatic and the Camaro is a 4 speed. I like a big cam, which doesn't work well with overdrive. I don't mind driving down the highway at 3600 RPMs for a few hours. I also love the look of a big engine.

As for your mini tub, I believe that the super stock cars in the '70s had to use the original floor and wheel tubs, but the tubs could be made wider for larger tires. I think your mini tubs would work out fine because of this. If you put 15 inch wheels and tall tires on it then it won't look like a pro touring car.

If you were closer I could fix you up with a complete '67 sub frame with the 4 piston calipers and 2 piece rotors. You could run 15 inch wheels with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to big gear head For This Useful Post:
jbtech (04-08-2020)