View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61 vert View Post
I did quite a bit of thinking about this before I made the offer. I feel that 25 to 30000 tops would catch the difference between an original engine Yenko Camaro versus a restoration motor. Original trans and rear push that number higher. Even though reportably rebuilt this motor would need to be diassembled to determine pistons and camshaft used. Aftermarket rocker arms indicate a custom build probably not correct for stock application. Then theres the actual remove and replace. Not for the faint of heart. Dont forget transportation 1000 miles. Could even be an issue like a cracked cylinder bore or out of round bores or line bore issues. Reported to be blueprinted but obviously not decked. Easy to spend another 5000 on top of the 20000. If your number was 65 percent using 25000 invested then that would yield a car value increase of around 35000. I think thats at the very top of added value. Of course theres a restoration motor to sell. It would need to be decked as well.

All this adds up to my offer of 20000 which I feel is fair. How much the seller has invested or to gain or lose is irrelevant.
I see the value you feel it adds to the car and agree with you. I didn't know how much the born-with engine added to value. I wasn't stating if you were wrong or not. I just see so many thing now are more $$$ than worth, like body and paint on a "normal" or not expensive old car. I'm looking at buddies 1978 Z28. B&P is in the $15,000.00 car is what maybe $30,000 IF that when done. And still have other stuff to do.

Many end up having more $$$ then the cars worth after resto. I have GIVEN stuff away because it was the right thing to do. I have also taken LESS then offered from people because I didn't think it was fair. I'M NOT RICH but not broke either.

I was thinking, on a Yenko, a born-with engine would be about $50,000 more bump in value at time of sale.

Good luck, time will tell.
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)