Thread: lift hooks
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Banned

Default Re: lift hooks

Brian,

I am back from Clear Lake and trying to catch up after being gone for court and the Buddy Holly Event. I had a chance to go through some of my data base photo files. I have over 1200 so it takes time to find and pull survivor car photos of engine bays in between everything else that I have to catch up on. I have found four to post here, all are low mileage cars, and I will post more as time permits.

I should also note that when I was writing my first Camaro book back in 1988, I interviewed several Norwood employees who were transferred to Baltimore due to the plant closing. I asked many questions about engine fasteners and was told that small block Chevy engine pieces like engine lift hooks and wire loom holders were painted or dipped Chevrolet orange before they were installed on the engines. Cars I have inspected over the years have also reflected what I was told by these plant workers. Were some of them not painted? Probably so but this has not been the trend that I've documented over the years.

Jerry
Attached Images