View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,966 Posts
Default Re: 1970 W30 Coupe from Canada

If coupe means hardtop, about 1980 I bought a complete cracked block engine and stick parts from a black w/ white stripes drag-car here in Peterboro' (45 minutes from Oshawa) the guy claimed was a W30..
The parts I got weren't W30 parts and already off the car when I picked them up, he wouldn't consider selling it or even let me look at it...no idea what ever happened to that one?.

A few W30's and W31's Posts/Hardtops were around Peterboro' in those days, site member Keith w/ the Copo Chevelle may recall?.
One was a '69 W31 Post I bought in 1981, stripped and foolishly tossed..

If coupe means Post, I forget the color if I knew but in the early 90's I phoned a guy in a small town about 25 miles North of Oshawa who was advertising his '70 W30 Post car..
I had a '70 Post 442 then also a '69 442 Post so more than interested but someone had beat me to it!.
I still recall the small town where it was also a chance the old ad w/ phone # could still be found?.

If the car lives today and you're searching its early history, running the Vin through Ontario's MOT is only $20..
Not always a hit but happy to try it for you!.

Also if your dealer info came from GM Vintage, best always confirm the code w/ the dealer name yourself..
GM Vintage rocks also George and Frank great guys but sometimes mistakes happen comparing the dealer codes and old listings also the delivered to by GM and selling dealer not always the same too..

Lastly, I lived in Oshawa in 1970 and OMS was the biggest dealer in the Oshawa area then also is still in operation..
http://www.ontariomotorsales.com

Good luck whatever's up!.
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete