View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
Default Re: What COPOs were meant to do...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L78M22Rag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 396L35</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No Rick that car was sold to a guy and he is having a cookie cutter restoration done. </div></div>

So that's what they're calling it these days - the term fits. Sure wish he woulda left that car as it was. It had a lot of authenticity from what I saw in the photos. </div></div>

Cookie cutter or not, I really like a nicely restored car. In a few years, is someone going to be complaining of a cookie cutter preservation? Probably. Every trend that comes along adds something to the hobby (except for the 70's van thing that almost killed it). I get the whole preservation thing, and love looking at some of the untouched ORIGINAL cars. Room for both in the hobby, just as there is room for the restomod, the highly modified, the pro touring, and the day 2. I like all of them. Not a big fan of what usually gets called pro street, but again, to each his own.
I only see a few cars that I would <span style="font-weight: bold">really</span> like to leave as found.

Back on topic. What a really cool car, great pic of a great launch.