View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 06:01 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Canuck and Edgemont Villages new Shop

<span style="font-weight: bold">I reserve the right to vigourously defend myself in connection with this thread...</span> Paul and I set out to create a car hobby shop to restore and warehouse our cars. When we bought the subject building we had to decide whether to demo the 60 year old timber beam, former valve shop (later used for movie prop creations then as a printing shop) that was neglected and unloved or reno it into a vintage shop with idiosyncrasies and character. As you will see we decided on the latter. The reno process that began in March 2016 has been interesting, challenging, expensive, frustrating, sometimes painful (I could keep going) and highly rewarding. You couldn't ask for a better partner than Paul.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Here are a few more early photos:</span>

Back yard overgrowth, view from the back door of the shop building (be afwaid):

Low Bay Warehouse with Printer's Workshop including original (circa 1955) Valve Shop Foreman's Office - back right behind clock wall

High Bay Warehouse showing Printer's layout area, Paint Booth doors (right side) and milling area substructure at back of shop below striped canopy (that was a brick s-house to deconstruct)

High Bay Warehouse, view of front slider door and early demo

Front Driveway with one of a few dumpsters that we needed.

The Boiler Room Chimney...we'll get to this later