View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrouser View Post
If you want to hoard a collection of classic cars to that degree and you lose them to fire with zero insurance- I have zero sympathy for ya. Sorry.My dad use to have a saying- "If you want sympathy, it's in the dictionary between syphilis and shit!". That fellow probably had tons of people try to buy a few of them cars in the past and told them" I'm going to restore them one day" only to have them destroyed in a fire. It's called Karma my friends..... They are only cars-no feeling, no emotion, no nothing yet we treat them better than web treat the people around us. Drive what you own and sell the ones that need work to someone who'll do something with it instead of sitting under a tarp in the yard-forever. If you haven't touched it in 5 years, chances are you never will!.. My 2 cents......Sorry for the rant.
If you look at what he had to say about it, you'll see some were museum quality in a barn with expensive farm equipment according to him and he had 100s of thousands of hours in them. He's had some of them for 40+ years. He wasn't a "I'll restore them one day" kind of guy by the looks of it.
I do sympathize for this guy. He isn't crying about it to everyone. He's taking the loss and moving on. There's an old saying that some go by, "Insurance is for people who want someone to pay their bills or want to pay someone else's bills." Yes, they're gamblers and this guy just lost the farm...

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66