Thread: Day II Deuce
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 03:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Day II Deuce

Congrats on your purchase. A beautiful car for sure! I've known about that car since the early 70's, a fellow named Gurkovich owned it and worked at the Sunoco station at Tiedemann Rd. & Brookpark Rd. He used to leave it on the corner of the station when he worked there. I believe he lived in the West Park area of Cleveland. The car was present at the Last Night at Diney's Drive-In on West 117th st. in October of 1975, which had to close due to the construction of I-90 interstate in the area. I remember he had a built 327 with tunnelram and dual quads on the car and with 5:13's, it was wickedly fast! He and a fellow named Duely (spelling?) with a Red 1966 Street Hemi Belvedere hit it off at the light on W.117th & Elmwood Ave. at the end of the evening! I am a friend of Gary Cunningham, the next owner who used to live in the West Park area, and he returned the car to a more streetable vehicle to cruise with during his ownership. It sure brings back memories seeing those pictures! Good Luck with your purchase and keep us updated. Don.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flying Undertaker For This Useful Post:
68l30 (10-22-2018), markinnaples (10-22-2018), NorCam (10-22-2018)