View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Dale Duster Nova

Sorry...no paperwork. At the time muscle cars were common and being a young guy, who thought of keeping any documentation. I think I paid a little over $4000 for it. Four years latter the gas crisis was going strong, I got around 10 or 11 mpg with it, there was 117,000 miles on the odometer, and nobody wanted it for a trade in. I sold it to a buddy? for $300 and he lied about the mileage and resold it for $1700. I sold it with the Corvette tripower on the engine....I've since seen just the air cleaner for the tripower selling for more than I what I got for the car. Back then cruising was the thing to do every night looking for girls or for someone who thought they had a faster car. There were a few Yenkos..Novas and Cameros...around town, Mopar Hemi's and 440's in different body styles, various Boss Mustangs and just about any other super car you could think of were an every night sight. All these years later I still miss those never to be repeated thrilling days. I've since had a couple of street rods and a string of motorcycles but NOTHING equals the excitement of that Nova.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (04-13-2021)