View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 02:33 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,708 Times in 723 Posts
Default Preservation, not Restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano View Post
From my perspective, the appreciation for original and unrestored cars of many makes from exotics, to Corvettes, muscle cars and more is increasing.

However, the vast majority of collectors still prefer a glistening piece of over restored jewelry to patina.

Exceptional Survivor type examples tend to demand more than their equivalent restored examples, in my opinion.
Exactly, I agree with the above statements.

I’ve been attracted for decades to Anything Factory Original (hopefully in decent or better condition) that was built by the Original manufacturer.
This could be Automobiles, Bicycles, Guns and Toys.

I know this saying “It’s only Original once” gets a lot of use, but so true.

Years ago when I would take a muscle car and/or one of my Schwinn Stingrays to a show, there would be a guy or two that would come up to me and say, you should have that painted ..... thanks but please go away.

Things have changed.
Now, those Factory Original items are being appreciated and respected for their History and how they were actually assembled with (paint runs, door gaps, overspray, etc.), acceptable flaws.

Setting a price, that’s difficult.

I love the Unrestored / Survivors of anything old and enjoy seeing them here on this great forum.

Chris
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 60sStuff For This Useful Post:
67since67 (02-22-2021), L78M22Rag (02-25-2021), MYSTERYCHEVELLE (02-22-2021)