View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 08:05 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Nice looking Nomad there Dave.

Regarding the tri fives and this Nomad... I have begun to take a liking to the 56's and I especially like the Copper with the cream 2 tone.
My dad raced a D gas -55 2dr post in the mid 60's- he talked about helping a friend turn a 56 wagon into a gasser-speaking of the insulation he said - they rolled it onto the roof and sprayed it down with kero and set it on fire to burn all of the insulation and undercoating off the car.
I think he said it was run in B gas with a W motor 348 or 409 & 4 spd.'

The two of us have been talking about building a tri five or a straight axle vette to run in the SEG South Eastern Gassers sanctioned races - they run A-F Gas on a 1967 NHRA rule book.
No electronics, clutch shifted 3 or 4 speed, only period correct wheels etc and they allow a slight weight advantage(IIRC 100lbs) if you run a period correct mechanical fuel injection set up.

Quain Stott started the series a decade or just over ago and told me he thought maybe they would run some exhibitions for a year or two and that would be it, that was 7 years ago and at that time he was amazed at it's growth.

Quain still has the remains of this drag car built and raced in Kansas City and then brought to upstate SC & traded by Jim Little with the blue plexi hood scoop and cage as a drag car to Stott Chevrolet in 1969-1970 - it's a 67 camaro conv SS 396 4 spd.
I have been trying to get him to drag it out and lets figure out where it was sold new and more history for 15 years at least.
Attached Images

NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos

Last edited by firstgenaddict; 01-11-2022 at 08:34 PM.