View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 12:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1970 Canadian Built Chevelle Extremely Documented

Thank you for the kind comments, guys.

I've being collecting parts since 1997 when I bought it. Carb, alternator, distributor, p/S pump, fuel pump, thermostat housing, starter, water pump, 4 blade fan, manifolds, all pulleys and brackets are 100% date coded. These parts have not been cheap by any means.

Most difficult to find were the shock$$$$, they are currently being restored by Dan. Should be done by next week. Lots and lots of other correct date coded parts throughout the chassis. Amazing you can find part numbers or stamping on the smallest parts.

Did you guys noticed the rear upper control arms...they have two holes each. Seems to be a Canadian difference from those built in the US.

Next in line buy tires and mount them on a set of October 69 AO wheels. Unfortunately Uniroyal Tiger Paws are not reproduced, so it will either be Goodyear or Firestones. Then re-chrome 1/4 inch deep center caps to go along with a set of NOS trim rings. Last add all decals. Hope to have it ready for next year Maryland Chevelle Club show.

I love the Gardner exhaust, did you notice the no part# exhaust tips. System fits perfectly on the chassis. I got the ones with the turbo mufflers. Kudos to Eric and his Gardner Exhaust Team.

Have to thank Billy's Hot Rod and Performance for his work on the chassis from disassembling, sanding, painting, and assembling. Rick, did the front end. Have to love the markings. Doug Yoder for his assistance with paints and supplies. Chris W. with parts and part #s.