View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts
Default Re: Oh Lordy, I now own a Fordy (a Lincoln actually)..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----For many, many years the GM compressor was the standard of the industry. Nothing else could compare! I guess Ford just realized that if they were to compete with Cadillac they had to step up to world class AC.......Bill S </div></div>

Ah, yes, no one else had a compressor that could double as a rust proofing application device by spraying oil from the front seal all over the engine compartment. This car had the same tell-tale oil spray line across the inner fender and on the under-hood insulation that my Firebird(s) have. I had to pull out the four hood pad panels as they were mouse infiltrated and oil impregnated from the compressor.

We will recharge the a/c system with R12. It still has some R12 in the system but needs to be topped off.

Next on the to do list is replacing the front calipers, one of which is sticking. I had to special order the front brake hoses. They were very hard to find. None of the regular suppliers had them. Only one company makes the special steel and rubber lines for these cars. They had them to me in three days. Calipers should arrive on Tuesday.

Then a couple of valve cover gaskets. And then pull the Autolte 4bbl carb and have it redone.....