View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 08:43 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1974 Camaro Z-28 Build sheet locations?

To echo the other guys, you probably won't find one. From what I understand Norwood was real good at cleaning them out of the cars. I've heard of a very few that have been found. I've pulled a good portion of mine apart just to see if I could find one. I haven't pulled the carpet or interior panels out yet, but been under and behind the seats with nothing. I do have to say that when I first brought my car home in 1980, I was cleaning out the car and notice dryer sheets under the front seats (the seller put them in). I pulled them out to throw them away and noticed a piece of paper (not build sheet size)that came out with them. I remember the paper had holes in it for feeding through a printer. I looked at it but didn't see anything that made sense. This was before I knew anything about car documentation at all. The paper ended up in the trash with the dryer sheets. All these years later after learning some about documentation, I've always wondered what it really was. It was a few days later that I helped a friend tear down a car and I found a sheet under the carpet. He explained what it was and as soon as I got home I looked in the trash. The trash was gone. Part of me thinks it was an interior document. I'll never know. Hey, if you do tear things down and find one let us know. Just don't hold your breath.