View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 06:00 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortim View Post
Other than checking numbers and the car itself, anything else major that needs to be changed/added? This car is close to me and I like the color/drive train combo. Thanks.
Honestly, going by the pictures, it seems like most is there. I wish the pictures were better. It seems the main things to find would be the smog system with the exhaust manifolds. Maybe the original owners still have them in a box. The air cleaner looks correct. To the best of my knowledge there shouldn't be any decals on the lid. The air filter itself seems over sized to push the lid up for airflow. There's a coolant decal missing from the radiator cover. The interior looks original except the gauges in the console cubby. I wonder about the headliner. No pictures of that. Most of the originals I've seen have dropped over time, due to the foam between the headliner board and the vinyl material, rotting out. Some people replace them with a bowed style headliner. I didn't want to do that since the back side of the headliner board is actually ink stamped with a date. Definitely check the numbers on things. A 4 speed car should have a CLJ suffix stamped on the engine pad, like VxxxxCLJ. V would be Flint, MI built. 3.73:1 gears were pretty standard unless you had air conditioning. Then I believe they went to 3.42s. My front signal lights have trim rings with a bullet thing in the middle of it. This car doesn't seem to have them. It may be due to a different trim package? If anybody else sees anything chime in.