View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Ford Research and Engineering 1970

Does anyone happen to know anyone who worked in the Research and Engineering Testing room at Ford in 1970? I bought a RARE Cougar and am trying to get some more history on it.

The car is 1 of 17 428 Cobra Jet 4 Speeds convertibles made, and 1 of only 4 with the Ram Air option and a 4 speed. The really cool part is this is the 1st Built (ordered in July of 69') and a Factory Test car sold new back to Ford R&E. When the car was found it had factory air conditioning which isn't listed on the Marti report but the guy who owned and restored the car swears that when he got the car it was original and never restored and had the cut outs where the air would have went along with the condenser still in place and the Air controls and venting in the dash which he said you could tell had never been touched. The car also is listed with 3.50 gears on the Marti report and when the car was found it had 3.00 and the only way you could get factory air was to have 3.00 rear gears in 1970. Being a factory Test car and being such an early car the story all makes sense to me and the owner/restorer is a knowledgeable well respected Cougar guy but Id love just to have some concrete evidence. Being 1 of 4 is already rare enough for me and it could possibly be the only surviving example but it would be 1 of 1 if I could prove the air conditioning.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 37023.jpg 37022.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...