Thread: Day II Deuce
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 04:22 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

I had a chance at it back in July before it went to eBay but he wanted more money for it and I passed on it (regretfully). He then listed it and had a buyer through eBay who flaked out at 25K. Next guy asked him to sell it through eBay w/o the Cragars so he listed it again but with the Weld wheels on it for $23K. I saw it listed again and figured I better call but he already had it sold to this guy through eBay. I was hoping the guy would flake, so after staying on him for a couple weeks he promised it to me if the other guy didn't come through with the funds. He gave the guy ample time to close but it never happened so I got the call last week saying it was mine and I snapped it up quickly.

Car has 40+ year old lacquer paint and some checking, but is still in really nice shape throughout most of the car. Floors are super clean with one patch plate where the Vertigate shifter was once installed. It's a 36,000 mile car and Mel was only the third owner of it. Original engine is gone but that's not of importance to me on this car. Booster came off when it had a 327 tunnel ram and big solid cam back in the day. Hood was later sold but the car comes with another scoop if I want to add one to the hood that's on the car. First 2 shots show the old 327 tunnel ram and the old hood. Cowl plate was also filled so I'll need to add one if I want to reconnect the wiper transmission. I'll need that to get it licensed up here.

GotGrunt (09-10-2018), mockingbird812 (09-10-2018)