View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 01:52 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,293 Times in 502 Posts

I am guessing that the backlash from participants from the 2019 show has created this new Premier Class. I have always been controversial but one thing I pride myself in is honesty even when it’s going against the system... When we restore cars we let them stand on their own merit. That car had NO business whatsoever competing against cars that were in a different league. Take my car out of the equation (happy to do so) ...there was 2 other cars more deserving...especially the L-79 Chevy II . It would be nice if the owner of the Trans Am car would share his internet/ Facebook photos of the extensive work completed by the sheet metal fab shop... The use of so much Japanese Sheetmetal alone tells its own story...best GM means best GM restored ...in this case using GM parts. The painstaking search for original parts was done by all of the participants...trust me ...a fellow member helped me with 4 original wheels ($4,500) as well as finding 4 NOS G70-15 tires($3,000) and I was happy to find them as my original owner let his go on another car that he sold.