View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 01:12 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,293 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggerSS View Post
I disagree with excluding 67 and 68 Yenko’s. 69 Yenko’s had stripes added, gauges and sometimes rims and headers. The difference is these cars were purchased from a dealer as a new car and was not modified by an individual. The same goes with 67 and 68 Z28 with dealer installed cowl plenum and headers.
I feel if the car came from a dealer with a warranty (factory or dealer provided) then the car should be eligible.
There are a lot of super cars that would be eligible for this class, Doug’s 67 Yenko should defiantly be one of them
Well said and explained. Steve...I was calling out the elephant in the room.
I have heard from so many people since the show and most of them are very knowledgeable in the hobby but they didn’t want to voice their opinions in fear of the repercussions and the site moderators... Steve you and I have talked on several occasions in the past about other issues and you know for me it’s black-and-white and I don’t mind voicing my opinion when others won’t and the last time I checked GM muscle cars were made in America. It would be a good idea for restored cars that are going to this level of judging to provide restoration photos of different components and chassis. Going forward it sounds like a new class is formed to separate situations like this. Kuddos to Bob and the MCACN Team .