Thread: Shelby GT-S
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 06:29 AM

I purchased my convertible (CSM19SXT0001) from Crater Lake Ford, Medford, Oregon. They also had a Black/orange stripe coupe for sale. Is that the one you purchased?

All 20 coupes are automatics, and utilize the Edelbrock/Shelby blower, configured to 600+ hp. The convertible is a 6 speed, and utilizes the Roush-Ford Performance/Shelby blower, configured to 700+hp. Not sure why they used two different superchargers, as I understand the Edelbrock/Shelby one can be re-configured for up to 1000hp, although I think stronger half-shafts are recommended. I would worry about upping mine as I'm not sure the Getrag MT82-D4 could handle it. I think the 10 speed auto would handle it, easily. I'll bet yours was programmed to limit top end speed, since it was in Sixt's rental fleet. Since mine was driven by the CEO, Sebastian Birkel, I don't know it it did or not, but I'll never test it out!

I was told by a Shelby employee, that mine actually puts out more like 760hp, and, after driving it for a couple of weeks, that is plenty of horsepower for me, so I would not consider having it reconfigured.

One other thing, if you are interested, I had a problem getting proper insurance for mine. My regular insurance company, State Farm, wanted to insure it as an regular Mustang GT, based on the VIN, meaning it would be way, way underinsured. I ended up getting Haggerty Agreed Value, at my purchase price, although it took almost a week for underwriting to approve it. I've had Haggerty for my 69 Yenko Tribute for 20+ years, with no claims. Not sure if that had anything to do with getting it approved.

As for future value, who knows? If mine holds its value, or goes up, great. If its value drops like a rock, that's OK, too, as I bought it to enjoy. My advice is, enjoy it, but take care of it, and let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited by Unreal; 10-03-2021 at 10:35 PM.