View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Lots of great information here!

Does anyone have any sort of Sports Department merchandise catalog?
I'm sure there had to be one at some point. There's so many items (even shown in this thread) of hats, jackets, posters, patches, stickers, etc that I'm sure there is brochure advertising all of these. Probably something that came out in early 1970?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Z28 View Post
Chevrolet is not in the patch making business. Chevrolet licenses others to produce patches and other apparel items. I don't believe these gold outlined logos with red letters, a white bowtie, and backward pattern checkerboard were put in Chevrolet literature or ads from the era but would like to see some examples if there were any.

Below is a sports department jacket with a red outline patch on it. The gold outline patches look nice and do seem to be from the era but also seem to be somewhat "off script" from what Chevrolet was using for promotion in its literature. This is why I feel if you're going to ask what logo was used when, don't go by the patch, go by what is in official Chevrolet advertising materials.
That's a great point, patches don't seem like the most consistent as there are so many variants I've seen.