View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
Like so many other hobbies, this one has become one that is all about money and making the most of it by what ever means possible even if that means creating something that never was and taking advantage of the unsuspecting. In one word, greed!

So many people sell cars that never were, parts that are restamped or reproduction and sold as NOS using original boxes, bullsh!t stories behind cars to hype them up so as to make more money, etc, etc. I have tried very hard to not fall into that trap and still look at it as a hobby and one to be enjoyed but it is really tough some days. The inspections I do are just one area that I constantly see fraud taking place and many of these people think nothing of it.

This is just one of the reasons why clones are never allowed in this shop. I do not want to be associated with them in any way. If our name ever came up with one it would black list us so we just stay away from them.

Same goes for paperwork or cowl tags. If you want to create paperwork or tags "for show purposes only" then mark it as such or keep a registry with VIN's that have them. If you have nothing to hide than don't try hiding it.

Rick = A businessman with strict ethical standards.... 👍

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
The Following User Says Thank You to kwhizz For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (02-07-2019)