View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 12:25 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Bill View Post
Here is the first place to start:

Disconnect the positive cable and connect a standard 12volt test light in between the cable
bolt / end and the battery lug. If it lights up with everything off, there is a draw in the system. the brighter the bulb on the test light the higher the amp draw is. If the test light does light up, pull fuses one at a time to find which circuit the draw is in. If the light still lights up with all fuse pulled, disconnect the wiring to the alternator and then the starter. See how that works before you blame the battery. What brand / manufacture battery is it? I have changed brands of batteries in my shop 3 times in the last 5 years. Currently I am selling Napa Batteries manufactured by East Penn Manufacturing little to no problems. I threw both AC Delco and Interstate out. Let us know how you make out, good luck.

Bill
This will work but you may have to connect a jumper wire across the test light connection for about 5 minutes first. Then disconnect it.. That will supply enough power to shut down any or all the electronics in the car.

1970 L78 camaro cranberry red standard black interior original drivetrain.