View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Mander Chevrolet , North Vancouver

I've just bought a Deepwater Blue 1967 138 code SS396 Chevelle sold new by Mander Chevrolet. It is a 25,000 mile car that had been stored in a carport since 1980! It has its original 350HP engine and M20 4 speed trans with a 3.55 posi 12 bolt diff. I had been chasing the car for a little over a year and the owner called me the day of my 40th birthday to make a deal and my wife and I went and picked it up in Fanny Bay on Vancouver Island the day she phoned. Her husband bought it used 6 months into 67. The car has manual drum brakes, manual steering, rear defroster, simulated wood wheel, and D96 stripes. The engine has a solid lifter cam in it with M/T valve covers and a bigger Holley carb. After sitting for 32 years I changed all the oils primed the oil pump and fired it up the next day and drove it around that afternoon. The car has DC code 15x6 ralley wheels that I'm not sure are original or not I guess I will find out when the GM Canada Docs come. The car is in amazing condition and appears to have had one repaint in its life. I know Laurie Craig he lived on Salt Spring and had a towing Co here he used to always talk about his Z and wished he knew were was seeing these pictures of the car he talked about is very cool. I have no idea of the Mander history when I bought the car but I'm glad I researched the dealership.