Thread: Gen Six...
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Gen Six...

I can't say I really like the looks of the 6th gen Camaro; it hardly looks any different than the 5th gen, to me anyway. That new front grill looks way to much like Lexus' grilles, one of the ugliest grilles I've ever seen. It has that squashed top look still with the sides way too high and roof way too low. I do like the rear end view. I am also disappointed that they only shaved off about 200 lbs. I was hoping for more like 400 lbs. less than the 5th gen. I do like the numbers for the engine; can't wait for some performance figures. I guess they have to call it a 6th generation Camaro because the chassis or platform is all new, alpha replacing the zeta. In overall styling though I would have a hard time telling the new one from a 5th gen. I think there was a bigger styling difference going from the 1970-73 Camaro to the 1974-77's and then to the 1978-81's than from the 5th gen to the new one. All in all I am disappointed in the new 6th gen, styling wise definitely not engineering wise, and don't foresee buying a new one.