View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 11:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts

As stated above, poured some new concrete last Friday.

Part of the new pour was a couple of 5 x 5 pads for the lift. The existing concrete was thick enough, but not reinforced. Poured these pads a foot thick, with 5/8 rebar. Lots of soil compaction to make certain they never settle. Thought I had to wait 30 days to start lift install, but turns out I just need to wait 30 days before using the lift. Install can start after four days.

So, with my angel of a wife helping me, we got one upright set up today. Didn't take long at all once I figured out the plan. I drilled for the anchor bolts, but could not bolt it down today as we are awaiting shims. I did drill all six anchor holes, using the base plate as the template. Didn't have the shop vac or air blower to blow out the holes. We decided to leave the gantry crain hooked up to it until the shims get there. Once we get shims, we will anchor this one, then move on the the left upright.

Added a couple of pictures of the excavated holes for the lift pads, and the big one I had to fill in where I removed the pillar.
Attached Images

Last edited by Lynn; 01-10-2020 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Add some pics and description