View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadude View Post
Wonder where that car ended up? Would be neat to see.

I didn't think the was offered with the L79?
That '67 L79 4-door hardtop (Sport Sedan) sat outside on the dealer's lot for 2 years before a young farmer with a family bought it sometime in 1969. I never knew the guy's name. It disappeared, but I've tried to find it for many years because it has to be rare, right?

The rest of the story: A couple years ago I was at a small car show about 10 miles from the original dealership. I had my '67 El Camino there and a guy walked over to look at it. He mentioned that his Dad had bought a brand new '67 Chevelle 4-door off that dealer's lot in 1969. And it had "some kind of high performance engine with a 4-speed in it". I almost fell over backwards! Turns out the car is still on the family farm about 30 miles away, parked in a shed. Very rusty now and settling into the dirt floor. It was purchased for his mother in '69, but she only drove it for a couple years because she didn't like the 4-speed and heavy-duty clutch. So the car was parked and they bought her a new '72 Impala with auto transmission. I asked to look at the Chevelle and possibly buy it from them but no deal. They won't show it to anyone because "we're gonna fix'er up some day" Where have you heard that before? I'm about 99% sure it's the same car without having seen it. I've kept in contact with the family and offered to help get it back on the road. No luck yet on that either. But there's always hope. At least now I know where it is, and no, I ain't tellin'......

To answer your question.....all '67 Malibus could be ordered with any of the available 327 engines for that year, including the L79 engine. I have even seen two '67 Chevelle station wagons with the L79 option.

Last edited by augy; 02-02-2018 at 12:43 PM.