View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Brahms Chevrolet, Palisades Park NJ

I called Joe Spino in Jersey City two days ago, since I was told that he bought most of his Chevrolet parts at Brahms. He said that they were an ordinary dealership not known for sponsoring racecars or swapping engines. He mentioned 4-5 other dealerships who was int this, I reqognized Baldwin-Motion and Burns Chevrolet among them. He could not remember one single car sponsored by Brahms even though he spent a lot of time at the tracks. He also told me, as a sidenote, that he was the second guy to drive into Raceway Park in July 1966 when they opened up at 4 am.
They had a partsdepartement with good connections into Chevrolet. He ordered a 425 hp 396 back in 1964 before there were any 396 cars in the streets. They delivered the engine but could not supply him with tune-up instructions, so a friend of his who knew Smokey called him to get the info. Joe also bought several L-88´s from Brahms.

What a supernice guy !