View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 09:12 PM

Christmas was kind.

Got a set of Accel plug wires (so I can learn how to make them in the Spring) and a pair of speakers to replace the no longer functioning ones (it has kick panel speakers that were cut into it 30 years ago- so I'm not hacking anything up!)

After New Year's, I'm going to have Pappaw call his friend so we can set a CONCRETE date for April or May.

For the last 4 years I've been saying "this spring" and it never happens. (2020 has been a mess from front to back not just due to COVID, but for other reasons)

So I'm not making any more promises, but I can say we're going to try to plan things better. I need to drive this car in 2021.

I actually came across the son of the guy who painted it for Pap, on Facebook. He installed the vinyl top himself (though it did originally come with one). Said it was the second top he ever did. And he must be a natural because it came out perfect and still looks good almost 20 years later.

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!

Last edited by JRC99; 12-26-2020 at 09:18 PM.