View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfriedcj View Post
I was looking at some land "out in the country ish" for development into mini farms and the old guy that lives in the middle of the property has a bad reputation so we steered clear of him. Other family members were trying to sell the land and kick him out. Ended up that a family member in New York bought the land and is planning to sit on it.

A couple of months later my business partner and I were out looking at some other land and we decided to drop in on the old dude just to introduce ourselves and hopefully take a look at all his stuff(maybe 50"+ cars/truck/boats/junk).

I drove back into the middle of the 100 acres +/- property and pulled up to the guys house.
I approached the house and he popped up from behind a tree and scared the crap out of me.

I introduced myself and told him that I had been out there a while back when the land was for sale and just wanted to shoot the breeze. After a few minutes talking about this and that I asked about all his stuff. He started telling me about it and I asked him if it was cool if we took a look see at his stuff. He said no problem and we all three walked around and talked about all his stuff.

There was an awesome old Allis road grader that I wanted but he said he may need it sometime(the dude is in his 80's). There was an early 70's COE Freightliner with integral sleeper that he wouldn't turns loose of. A '68 Firebird that was his wife's car. It was about to be laying frame on the ground. There was a '68 Camaro that was his. It had some speed equipment on it and he stated he was a street racer back in the 60's/70's. He was going to hold onto that car.

After a couple hours and a lot of cool stories and good junk we hit the road. Next time I go back I'm gonna ask to take some pictures and see if he wants to let go of anything.
That's hilarious!!