View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 07:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,401 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
I inspected two for a very well known race car team owner and with a huge car collection. In less than 15 minutes I determined that both his LS5 and LS6 converts were fake and VERY obvious fakes. Not only was he very unhappy, I never got paid and he sold one of those cars at a later auction as real and then recommended to another guy to call me to get my feelings on another car that was at the same auction. Really?????? Sometimes you just cannot win.
In the future you should tell them that a condition of the examination process is that you are paid in advance. Or at the very least inform them beforehand that if you don't get payment for your services, the results of the examination are no longer confidential and can be released to the public - kind of like attorney client privilege - the privilege is no longer in effect if the client doesn't pay the bill. That should shake their wallet loose if they are angry about finding out they have a fake and still want to misrepresent the car at a later auction.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
Carolina Dreamin' (10-20-2018), PeteLeathersac (12-02-2021), tom406 (10-18-2018)