View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 03:15 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

So this car might be available to me again and I could use some help in determining a budget for making it a nice cruise night car. It has 21,000 original miles on it. Here is the deal:

The car is sitting partially stripped right now as the owner was going to repaint it. There is NO RUST anywhere, but it needs stripped and repainted the correct shade of red. It needs a windshield, gas tank, fuel lines, tires and new Cragars, carb rebuilt, pinion seal, carpet and headliner and probably needs the brakes done. Also the correct harmonic balancer put on it. I’m sure there are other small things, but that is everything major.

So what is a realistic budget for this? Nice driver quality cruise night car...not a show piece. Ideally, i’d Like to get this work done in the US before shipping the car to Ontario as I don’t know anyone local that can do the work.

The car used to have a Stinger hood and cowl plenum breather on it when it was a weekend racer...I would do that again with wheel well and drip rail trim and white pin stripes...

1996 Carrera & 1993 Fat Boy