View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 10:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,875 Times in 1,003 Posts

I have gotten a couple of emails from people questioning the placement of the hood stripes. Though straight may look a little cleaner I do not like how the end up in the front with regards to where they meet up with the triangle. As a reminder, these stripes were put on by Lynn Yenko and her friends after school. We discussed this in length when she sat in our MCACN booth several years ago with Dana's 68 Yenko. She explained that many times they were in a hurry and the stripes on the hood as well as the body were not straight and each car could be different from the next. Ditto for the stripe being installed after the chrome grilles. Some had them and some did not. I went through many original photographs before these were put on by Joe and Brian and think they are perfect. Below is a photo of our hood and one off Chad's original paint Yenko built very close to ours. As you can see, his were even more angled. Is there a right way or a wrong way? I don't think so.
Attached Images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SS427 For This Useful Post:
dustinm (01-31-2019), KLars1 (01-31-2019), PeteLeathersac (02-01-2019), Tracker1 (02-01-2019)