View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,118 Times in 329 Posts
Default Re: ZL1 # 48 coming to Barrett-Jackson

Since my hobby is tracking down old owners/histories of cars - I may be able to add something to this thread. The Canadian guys should chime in also. I've imported & owned a couple of Canadian BB Pace Cars. IMO, Canadian cars should be very desirable because of the rock solid GM documentation (it's like an NICB report that includes all OE options) combined with the Canadian ownership trail that follows the car. The last car that I purchased from Canada came with government documents that indicated the names, addresses, and dates of every past owner. The car was sold new in Quebec and later found its way to an owner in Ontario. The government documents followed the ownership between provinces. With this ownership trail in hand, it was easy to track down the old owners & get statements regarding their experiences with the car. IMO this ZL1 car should show up at auction with complete ownership history (if the government policy of tracking previous owners hasn't changed in the past few years).