View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 03:48 PM

Default Re: ZL1 # 48 coming to Barrett-Jackson

O.K. Now I am seeing the problems. The 9 on the pencil tracing is definatly not the same,but the funny thing is that both of my 9's and his 9 on his real tag are the same. I have seem numbers located up and down out of line on many tags. I see that on both my real tag and pencil trace,the #1 looks to be offset to the left edge of the block for that digit. His isn't on either the tracing or real tag. I don't know the reason why the #1 on his looks to be higher in the tracing then on the tag,I know the pencil has to be run at different angles to get all the digits completely,so I wonder if trying to trace at the top left corner put him at an awkward angle. I know that mine looks much more accurate from tag to trace,and mine is very hard to get to because it is behind a bar on a roll cage and is sunk into the dash on what seems to be a lightly acid dipped car. My pencil was definitely much duller then his,and mine looks mire like somebody rubbed some kind of carbon over the paper,but it is in fact pencil. I cant explain much other then the 9's and the spacing of the first digit seem off on his. I know nothing about his car,so don't think that I have any bias here,I just like to help on these issues.

As for my tag,it is for my 70 race car that I am trying to find he history on,and I have the VIN all over the internet,so I figured I was the person who would not care about sharing pictures.