Thread: Shipping Rate?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 04:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Also note it's not just about the money. It is the time that it takes. I tried to ship some cars over 1,500 miles last year. I was told they would pick them up, but that they would have to sit in a warehouse in Arizona for 3 months. THEN they would be delivered. The cost was $1,700 per car. Apparently alot of the drivers for the big companies we all have used, are leaving and going to work for Walmart. So I said to myself, NO WAY am I going to let hundreds of thousands of dollars in cars, sit in a warehouse. I did the math and did it myself one car at a time. Just about killed me, but it's done in a few days. All cars safe and sound. AND I saved $2,400! However I will NEVER do that again. It took a toll on my health. Open trailer, sleeping in the cab of my truck with a gun with extra clips. At rest stops I would back the trailer up until the trailer was against a wall or a brick building. That way it could not be rolled off while I am dead asleep. Couldn't fit through drive-thrus. So I would call the restaurant and they would say, I am sorry sir, we can't bring food outside. I said I am pulling a trailer and can't fit. I then offered them $10 to bring it out. Worked every time, about 10 times. Chic filet, Popeyes etc ... Danny