Thread: Jessi Combs
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 01:02 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2m1W7qH...=1b3oamj9zf9lt

Sometimes we are called on to do something for someone else. That thing isn’t something that we need or really want to to do. But we without a doubt have to do it with all our heart. This was definitely one of those things.
Hanging out with Jessi a year ago, and filming some shows for Discovery. I never thought she would be overwhelming my thoughts and heart like she has for the last couple weeks. Without a doubt this is the emotionally hardest piece of metal I have ever had to shape. Not because of the skills or labor involved. It because of what it is and what it symbolizes, and who’s ashes it will hold forever. I had no plan, no patterns, no design ideas. I simply cut a circle of copper and started hammering. I let the metal dictate what it wanted to be. Thinking about her every step of the way and what she would like, and what she would think about it. Hoping I gave it the right amount of love, blood, sweat and tears.
Thank you Terry for the honor of letting me do this. I hope in some way it makes your pain a little lighter.

Last edited by Burd; 09-21-2019 at 01:19 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Burd For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (09-21-2019), HawkX66 (09-23-2019), markinnaples (09-25-2019)