View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 01:13 PM

Default Motion Nova ???????

Hello all, I am a newbie here but a car guy for the last 40 years....I have owned about everything you can imagine and have personally restored hundreds of car for myself and other people... enough about me, but I wanted to at least introduce myself before touching on this very controversial subject...

Recently my cell phone rang and it was a person that I have know for a while, he offered up for sale to me a car that was well know to a lot of you guys and has been all over the internet car blogs for over 10 years... I will tell you all out front it was more about helping a person in desperate need than buying the car.... I had no interest in the car and recently sold off my last muscle car and was taking a break from them...

After a lot of drama and poor weather the vehicle showed up at my shop, keep in mind like all of you I had never seen pictures of the 1968 Nova or any of the paperwork. Well I have it now and have had some time to go thru the research and paperwork and the car...I have talked to several people who are thought to be associated with the car over the years. in my opinion it is still a maybe car...here's why!!!!!

THE LETTER dated 2003 is definitely a maybe letter, the person who signed the letter(from my recent conversation) is an exceptionally nice person that loves to discuss his life and his hobbies and careers, he will not discuss this car or the person that was associated with the car for all those years. It seems that story is pretty intense and one that is best not discussed...As a matter of fact he is the person that recommended this site to me...

THE PEOPLE that were associated with this car in its prior years are older gentlemen and they have memories of the car but some of these memories are definitely clouded by the 45 years that has come and gone since this car was built...

THE RESEARCH that was done is detailed but not put together very well and some is very confusing at best...

THE CAR is a body with some of the accessories that were said to be associated with the cars that were converted and or built by Motion Performance in that time frame, there are key pieces of it missing, the engine and transmission are not present now...There is among some of the paperwork an original build sheet that does confirm the cars original as built by GM configuration...

The FUTURE of the car for now is a trip to the eBay site with a reasonable reserve on the car so I may accomplish my goals:

1. Get my original investment back on the car.

2. Put the car in someone's hands to complete the research & restore it, and once and for all put the subject to rest, it is a very time consuming process that I just don't have the time to complete since I have a business to run that takes a considerable amount of my time up...

My intent is not to open old wounds and or bring up people or sore subjects that may offend anyone....but after doing some quick internet searches I ran into the original string on this site and a lot of you in my opinion were left hanging with no closure, I don't know that I have offered up any closure, but more the next chapter of a story in a car drama that may never be solved for sure....

Mike

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 37848.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...