View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Motion Nova ???????

Hi Rich,

I was given a lot of research material including the original letter that was written by Joel, I wont post it, since it is more unflattering to Dan, but it is definitely a maybe letter about the car...keep in mind when the letter was done in 2003 there wasn't much if any real research done on the car prior to requesting the car be certified...and the person requesting the information can be a little to passionate about things !!!

I was given a hand written letter from a Herby White of Whites Sunoco, undated and not well put together, who knows when it was done, I was told there is a picture from when he signed it at his nursing home but I don't have it...

I was given contact information on the Painter, I personally talked to the painter great guy with a strong memory of the car and he remembers all the details of doing the paint work, including color change, replacement of vinyl top and who dyed the interior and most importantly who owned the car and who it was done for....

I was given the contact information on the mechanics from motion, I didn't not talk to either of them....

I was given the contact information of the best friend of the original owner, who remembered the car and the owner, but seemed to be distant and later it was confirmed that the original owner may have had a sketchy past since, how does an 18 year old buy and new car and send it straight to a shop and spend several thousand dollars more on the car...

Keep in mind they are not young people and to say the least there memory from 45 years ago were taxed, but by the discussion we had, there was a car and this maybe it... only the true title history from NJ and a confirmation letter from Motion would make it "a for sure car !!!!!!!"

I didn't push any of these people I listened to there stories, I have no dog in the fight the car is what it is, a maybe car, I haven't spent 14 years of my life trying to prove it and wont... on a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being the least important thing in my life this car ranks 115... Not trying to be mean but there wasn't a ton of money involved in the deal and I was more interested in helping a person in need out... and Dan is surely in a bad place right now...

I neither have the time or the desire to chase down the people and to restore this car at this point in my life...

As for the car, it has some really neat cool stuff what I would call "day 2" items on it, it does have the build sheet and is a well optioned SS car originally...That need a whole lot of love to bring it back to it s former glory, whatever that glory was!!!!

Mike